Monday, November 9, 2009

Lost in the Mix

There is still a cloud of sadness engulfing the Killeen/Fort Hood area, as there should. It is just strange that driving on the way to church yesterday that there was media parked outside the III Corps Headquarters. To me, it feels like an invasion. I don't want to see our town on CNN or Fox News or whatever station it happens to be on. But, this shooting will effect the whole country not just our community.

Even though this horrible tradegy has happened in a weird way it has restored faith in people. Fort Hood has come together as a community to help the fallen victims and the injured. Making meals, helping stock their pantries, donating blood, and praying for the families affected by this terrible act. Tuesday the memorial will take place and hopefully give closure to soldiers and families at Fort Hood.

I never in a million years thought something like this could happen on Fort Hood. It is something you hear about in other communities or see in movies.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...it's sad and terrifying all at the same time. If something like that could happen at Hood then it can happen anywhere. I can honestly say that I never felt safer than when I lived on post...I can only imagine that that feeling is now gone for a lot of people. Even though I no longer live there, it angers me that the media is using this to fill their time slots. The tragedy there is was enormous, and yes it deserved news coverage (initially) but now it's time to let the family, friends, and community mourn in peace.
    By the way, I'm glad to see that you're back on blogger. :) I missed reading your posts. :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete