Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Anniversary

I am in a mood today. I guess I took the bitch pill when I woke up this morning. Maybe it is the lack of sleep I have gotten this past week and a half, or the fact that I have only worked out once in the past week and a half. I'm not sure, but I hope I am out of this funk by tomorrow.

Today I have been married for two years. I can't believe it. In the past two years, I have finished college, planned a wedding, moved to Maryland, moved to Fort Hood, had a baby boy, endured my first deployment, and moved back home (which I do not recommend!).

I am celebrating my Anniversary alone, Grey fell asleep on me at 7:15. Now, I am drinking wine, and writing this blog. What a loser! I hope next year's anniversary is much better. Last years was not good. Being our first anniversary I thought my husband would go all out, and get me a pair of diamond earrings, since I had been hinting at them for about 2 months. Nope, he printed out a picture of a night stand that he wanted, and gave it to me. My feelings were so hurt. I worked so hard to put his present together, a black watch he wanted from Fossil, and a nice card. I wrapped it up all pretty, wrote him a sweet note. I got a picture of a night stand. We went to Olive Garden, which I didn't mind because at 6 months pregnant thats all I wanted to eat. This year, I got yellow tulips after much conversation with the florist. They were all out of white tulips. I tried to cancel the order, but since I wasn't David Jackson I didn't have that power. Now, I have tulips that represent cheerfulness. I don't have much to cheer about these days. I am hoping for a special meaningful anniversary next year.

I guess I will stop bitching!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment