Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to the Real World!

I have been living in a fantasy world for the last nineteen days. David has been here, and it has been wonderful! We had a blast, and now that it is over I have that gross feeling in my stomach similar to the one that I would feel being faced with hours worth of homework on a Sunday afternoon. But, right now I will share all the wonderful memories I have from time together.

David came in on Wednesday January 7th. It felt so surreal to see him at the airport. It was like being five years old again on Christmas morning. All the anticipation building as you wait to open the "big" gift. I saw David, and just melted into his arms. The first two days were the roughest because we were so excited to be with each other, and couldn't sleep even though we were so tired. It was the greatest feeling, until we would be awaken at seven in the morning by Grey. It was okay though because our family was together again. I felt whole, completed, like everything was in place again.

So, in nineteen days we celebrated Christmas, Grey's First Birthday (I know we are four months early), Our Anniversary (we stayed at a Bed and Breakfast on the Riverwalk, and David got me a diamond bracelet. He made up for last year!), David's arrival/Aunt's Birthday in Jacksonville, bought a new car to haul Grey around (a LTZ Tahoe), ate at Coco Bistro and Lounge (which I recommend to anyone who comes to San Antonio), and many more fabulous things that I cannot remember at the moment.

It was such a relief to have David home, and him leaving today hit me like a ton of bricks. I am just glad that the weather agreed with me, and was cloudy and cold today. I know that I will be fine by the end of the week. It is just an adjustment. I will miss him going to sleep with me every night, and having him wake me by bringing Grey to my side or making me breakfast in bed. I have the most wonderful husband ever, and can't wait for his return home!

No comments:

Post a Comment