Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hard Day

UGH!!! Today has been the worst day ever! I just feel so empty and lonely. David called this morning on my way to Target. We chatted for about thirty minutes and everything was ok. Grey and I walked around Target and got little Valentines for Daddy, Gammy, and Gampy. That's when the sadness hit me.

Instead of giving David his Valentine's Day Present it will be mailed to him. I'm sure by the time it gets there it will be disheveled like a college girl walking back to her dorm in the early morning hours. I try to stay positive and think about all the fun we had on our eighteen days, but sometimes I just want to crawl in bed. Today was one of those days. The bed has special appeal right now too. It still has a hint of David's scent. We changed the sheets the night before he left, so his pillow smells of his body wash. The scent is starting to fade, but it makes him feel closer as I snuggle into at night.

I knew being without him would be hard, but I never imagined the range of emotions I would feel. I pray every night for a shortened deployment. We will find out in mid February for sure. It would be wonderful to have David here to share the summer with Grey and me. I never thought I would be ready to be back in Killeen, but if it means being with David I'm there. In the meantime, all I can do is hope for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment