Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life

Wow! I can't believe the way my life is turning out. I never thought of my mom as the Suburban house wife type. I thought after college I would get married (which I did before I graduated College), and then get a teaching job. That plan didn't quite work out since David joined the Army. I'm not all that bummed that the plan fell through. I didn't exactly enjoy student teaching.

Instead, I insisted on having a baby, and we did. He is absolutely fabulous, and I am so happy that we made that decision. Although, times get tough having a little one without David, Grey keeps my spirits up. His little smile just makes me melt (even when he wakes me up at 4 AM). But, I never thought I would get so domesticated.

If I'm not asleep by nine then I am past by bed time! When did my life turn into this. I used to drive a fuel efficient vehicle, now I drive the stereotypical soccer mom vehicle. I love my Tahoe, but as I was driving to work I realized that I turned into what I feared most, my own mother! I cook dinner every night, give Grey a bath, and watch The Bachelor! That show is for old woman, and I don't even enjoy, but that's another topic! She is a wonderful lady, as most of you know. The problem is I'm only 23! Maybe once Grey starts school I will get my spunk back.

At least I am happy with the path my life has taken, and wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment