Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What do you think?

So, last night I finally put Grey's baby monitor that we purchased for our house in Killeen. I used it in Killeen, but just never got around to putting it up in San Antonio. It is a camera so I can see him, and hear him. I love the idea of knowing how he is sleeping or is he sitting up in his sleep, etc.

My dad walked in as I was running back and forth trying to position the camera just right. He laughed not only at me running back and forth, but at the fact that we owned such a fancy baby monitor. This is when I thought, "Do we as Americans, spend too much money on baby equipment?"

I know I have, especially since Grey is my first child. David and I purchased the best of everything. We bought a crib and dresser set that was very expensive, the best car seat, tons of brand name clothes, and of course the baby monitor with a camera. What is it that makes us spend so much? Is it really for safety or for looks.

For me personally, I wanted to make sure my baby had the best of everything. I love my baby so much, and just want to make sure he is as safe as possible. If anything ever happened to my son I would die. Grey is my world, and I want to do the best I can for him! As for the clothes, that is for me. When we are in public I want to people to know that I take care of my son, and put him before myself.

I would like to know your opinions, do we as Americans, spend too much on baby equipment?

1 comment:

  1. I think parents go over board on buying things they really dont need for their baby but me and wes are guilty as charge. Every parent wants the best for their child and after all the gadgets we get- which is used only a few times and the fancy, expensive clothes that maybe they wear a few times before they grow out it. It is all a learning process and at the end of it, we realize that we do spend too much money. But to each is own. i love you and Monkey Moo!

    ReplyDelete